Monday, February 15, 2010

Roses in green & pink

I came across this algae-green fabric with lil' red & pink roses on it. Immediately took a liking to it and knew I wanted to work with greens & pinks with this one.


So I cut them up into 4.5" squares and thought I'd play with lime green & lite pink fabric as 'half-squares' at its corners to bring out the colour of the leaves & roses. Made 12 blocks altogether.

Used the lite pink dotted fabric as its first border and a similar marbled algae-green as its second border. Finished off with a lovely fabric in tiny pastel pink & green flowers.

Found a perfect backing fabric in the polkadot pink and contemplated in going for pink for its binding fabric . . . but nah, returned to the algea-green.

Interesting combination . . . don't know how I feel about this one.

Measurement : 43" W X 54" L
Made up of 100% Japanese cotton
Price : RM160
Status : SOLD!

0 comments: