Saturday, February 13, 2010

Double Hour Glass

I'm into whites at the moment.

Have always wanted to make a quilt in this pattern - double hour glass. It looked really nice & simple. Have a few WIP - all having to do with whites. Somehow the colour just pops out when there is white involve.

So I looked at my stash, found some bright colours and cut them up into 2" strips. The white fabric is also 2" strips. Sew them together and cut according to the template.

For the longest time it just sat there as I couldn't find a fabric to finish it off with. Tried my luck with a 4.5" dark purple fabric as its last border. Backing fabric was a lite purple with balls and back to the dark purple for binding.

Thank goodness, the dark purple fabric paid off.
I LOVE how the colours just stands out!

Measurement : 44" W X 54" L
Made up of 100% American cotton
Price : RM180
Status : SOLD!

0 comments: