Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trucks!

I had this blue fabric which had brightly colored trucks, lorries, tankers, tractors and the like for some time now. It shouted out for a 'boy' quilt. So I went to work on it. I cut the fabric up into 6" squares and decided on my favorite log-cabin pattern.


Made up 12 blocks and went with 2 different shades of yellow and 2 different shades of red. Both colors brought out the colors of the trucks, tractors, etc.

After the dual-color log-cabin around each block, I wanted to break away from the bright colors and went with a 2" soft quiet baby blue as 1st border. Then I finished it off with a bright aqua blue polkadot that was perfect with the blue background of the truck fabric.

A lovely shade of BIG polkadot blue for backing fabric and went with red for its binding.

Looks nice! Very boy-ish :-)

Measurement : 44"W X 54" L
Made out of 100% American cotton
Price : RM200
Status : SOLD!

0 comments: