Monday, March 1, 2010

I Spy Quilt

I've been collecting various fabrics with all sorts of animals in it as I've always wanted to do this quilt. Its called the "I Spy" quilt - as in I spy with my eye . . .

I've got about 8 different fabrics of interesting prints (children fabrics) and cut them up into 4.5" squares. Put a 2" solid black fabric in between - I've never worked with black mind you.

I made them in 7 rows across and 9 down yielding 63 blocks of 4" colourful "I Spy" fabrics.

For the first time I have decided not to have any finishing border and went straight to binding. Chose a bright red for binding and a polkadot very dark blue (almost black really) as the backing fabric.

Love the colours!

Measurement : 41" W X 51" L
Made up of 100% American cotton
Price : RM160
Status : SOLD!

0 comments: