Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Its slightly different this time, but still in the pinks :-) I've put a solid mauve as 1st border and found a lovely pink checked as its 2nd border. It worked well together.
Then her lil' sister Maya (she's 3 years) wanted one, and so she chose her own scraps and asked Sara to do one for her. Maya's lil' pillow was 14"L x 9.5"W.
Both of them wanted the same polkadot fabric for the backing and I helped them with this part. Sara's sewing is not too bad, I must say :-) She did all the sewing and ironing herself.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Yes that's right - yet another one ! My friend M saw the 1st "Animals in Fancy Cars" quilt and had asked me to do one for her - many moons ago :-) Hope she likes the colour combination on this one . . . . .
As I did previously, put 2" strips of scraps all around it. This time, I've put a 3" lite blue fabric as its first border . . . .
The backing fabric was a white with small black flowers and just love the binding fabric - a blue & red criss-cross.
Posted by Anita at Monday, November 23, 2009
My friend P makes these lovely figurines out of polymer clay and my friend A puts her creativity on the wooden stuff. So there was this lovely 7.5" X 7.5" square box we decided to play around with . . . .
So A painted the base a nice pink, painted purplish hydrangeas in a circle right in the middle at the top of the box, and we put the wedding couple there . . . .
More hydrangeas around the box and she littered it with white diamantes. The edges of the box is painted with silver.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
The background is white and A had some decoupage paper depicting books, pencils, etc. Wordings are hers :-)
Its quite big & roomy and not too heavy. A lovely gift for a child. Able to carry toys, small books and whatever important for the lil' girl or boy.
Monday, November 16, 2009
My ever loyal lite blue backing fabric (have quite a few meters of it!) and went back to the solid dark blue for binding.
Sometime ago I had "Trucks & Lorries" - anyone recall? Anyway, I had some left over of the fabric and thot I'd get to it. Decided to use only 6 trucks & lorries and cut the picture up into tiny 3.5" x 4" square. Used a yellow-green swirl & bright blue fabric around it.
A very lite blue solid sashing, found a nice flowery green to bring out the green in them trucks as its 1st border and finished it off with an interesting 5" multiple green lines.
Here's a close-up of the green lines fabric .... Backing fabric was a accommodating blue and yet another shade of green for its binding.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Again, I've cut them up and pieced them one by one. Decided on the lovely bright green to bring out the greenish mountains behind and a marbled dark blue to make it ocean-like.
Finished it off with a matching blue polkadot fabric as its outer border, found a dark blue flowery backing fabric and went back to the bright-banana-leaf green for binding.
I've cut up pictures of the "animals in fancy cars" (IKEA bedsheet) and cut up 2" strips from my scrap stash (seems to have plenty of 'em) to put all around it.
Added up a 2.5" solid cream as 1st border, a 3" brown as its 2nd border and a fantastic 5" multicolour fabric. Just love that fabric! It has all the colours needed.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Cut it up into a 7" square and made it round-ish by clipping its corners. Decided on a solid lilac as its 1st border and a lovely bubble-gum pink polkadot as its 2nd border.